Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Less Than Grand Design

I was watching a special on the Discovery Channel last night on the theories of Stephan Hawking. One of those, of course, had to do with the existence of a creator.
It's my own fault. After I watched the special, I headed to the Internet. I wanted to see the insanity people would inevitably leave behind. The announcement actually came several years ago, so a lot of comments built up over the years.
There were a lot of comments saying something along the lines of, " So what? I believe in God and I will continue to."
That strikes me as the right answer.
Others said with a certain smugness that he would find The Truth when he died. Yes, that is true. The majority of the comments just saddened me. I was looking for good old American bat-shittery, crazy rants that make me want to break out the tin foil hats.
What I got was the word 'cripple' more times that I've seen in the Bible.
"He's just mad because he's a cripple and he thinks God abandoned him."
"He feels science has done more for him than God. Without it he would be a drooling crippled retard."
Let's be clear. We are talking about Stephan Fucking Hawking. Probably the smartest man since Einstein.
Shut up, cripple! Yeah, well you're in a wheelchair! He's just mad because his legs don't work!
It's my own fault. I did go looking on the Internet afterall.
Remember. If someone says something you don't like, just make fun of them for being different. That's what Jesus would do after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment